After years of fiddly car computer displays with resistive touch, low-resolution of 800x480 and terrible usability in bright environment, it is time for change. Here we present a new display that has 1024x600 resolution, capacitive multitouch, high brightness and a special direct sunlight mode. Still under development, so final appearance and specifications may change a bit.
The LCD panel combines epaper with color and video. With the backlight on, this screen is color and looks and acts just like a standard LCD; with the backlight off, it becomes a highly reflective e-paper display with support for rapid update and video.
Normally, the mini-HDMI is just that. Then a micro-USB connection is needed for the touchscreen and the back USB ports and a power connection to supply power for the electronics.
However, using a special cable (initially only for UNIGO), the mini-HDMI is altered to carry USB and power also. So only one connection is used on the screen! Perhaps we will have cables that convert the All-in-One HMDI connection to separate connections HDMI+USB+Power or VGA+USB+Power+Audio. That is not a true all-in-one, but it keeps the cables away from the screen.
- Viewing area 154x90mm (7" diagonal)
- Resolution 1024x600 pixels
- Colors 262144 (18-bit)
- Brightness up to 430cd/m³ in standard backlit mode
- Brightness 1000cd/m³ in monochrome reflective mode
- Automatic brightness control and backlight switching
- Contrast ratio 100
- Response time 30msec
- 10-point projected capactive multitouch
- Stereo 2.8 watt speakers
- Audio over HDMI support
- Joystick OSD menu control
- Two USB sockets on the back for Bluetooth, USB-drive, wireless keyboard, etc
- Connection (standard): mini-HDMI, micro USB, power
- Connection (all-in-one digital): mini-HMDI with TDMS video&audio, power, USB
- Connection (all-in-one analog): mini-HDMI with VGA, audio, power, USB
- Power 8-36VDC or 5V/1A via micro-USB (with audio amplifier disabled)
- Power consumption ~10 watt
- Size 178x114x17.5mm
- VESA-B mounting holes (20x50mm pattern M4)
- Tripod mount hole 1/4" with alignment hole
- Hooks for easy tie-wrap fastening of the mini-HDMI cable in permanent installs
- No branding on the bezel or case allows for best OEM experience